Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Robocup

1 day I went to lecture and my friend asked me silly question. These were our conversation:
A: Ei, why you come to this lecture ar? You got take this subject meh?
Me: Abuden? I come here for fun har?
B: No mah! You might come here to enjoy the aircon mah.
Me: Lu Siao meh! I purposely get up from my bed, pack up everything and come here enjoy aircon? Of course I'm taking this subject lah. Weird.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few years ago, MMU had setup a new engineering course, which is Electronic Majoring in Robotics and Automation. So, people who likes Transformer and Gundam robot stuff definitely taking that course, included me. Then the senior of Robotics Engineering formed a society, called Robotics Club to organize event and activities during their university life. They can actually organize activities without forming a society, but under the name of society, they can apply for $$ from related department!!

RoboCUP is organized by Robotics Club. There is reason I highlighted the word CUP. No, not the cup for women's bra, nor the cup for teh tarik. It's like WorldCup, or ThomasCup. It's a competition, and this competition will be done by those robots designed by MMU students. Here are the pictures. Unfortunately I'm having lecture while those robots are competing, so I don't have any picture of those exciting moment, I hope so.


A MODEL made by cheap material 'standing' at the entrance. I don't say this is a robot because it won't move, just for decoration.


Racing and football match by robots? Damn I should have skipped my lecture for this!


Something else. Boring stuff. *yawn*


Oh I see! Hamper as presents for winners. So cheap 1 har? Don't so stingy lah Robotics Club.

Wait a minute!! Where's the robots for competition? I was expecting something more bombastic like

1 comment:

Sean said...

kennysia nice eh?
im a bigfans u know?